Winter sports and cross-country skiing in the Hohe Tauern
Embach’s winter activitiesDon’t feel like skiing and snowboarding? No problem! Embach also features a multifaceted range of activities for every taste beyond the slopes. Cross-country skiing in the Hohe Tauern, ski tours, winter hiking, tobogganing, Nordic walking and much more combine enjoying nature and the fresh air with healthy exercise. Due to the ideal location between various larger and smaller ski and winter sport regions, fun and variety are ensured.
Pleasurable cross-country skiing in the Hohe TauernEmbach’s cross-country fun already starts in the village centre. A series of light inclines and lifts constantly lead higher with a continuous view of the deeply snow-covered winter scenery with its forests and meadows. The approx. 8 km altitude run with a final serpentine leads to the pilgrimage church of Maria Elend with a grand view across the region. A forest path leads back into the village.
Some of the most attractive Hohe Tauern winter activities are waiting for you right on site in Embach, such as:
Winter sports in Embach
- Moonshine tobogganing on the illuminated run from the “Crazy House” to the Pilzegg snack station
- Ski tours on pristine slopes beyond the beaten touristic track
- Winter hiking and snowshoeing through the gorgeous natural landscape of Embach
- Guided Nordic walking tours through Embach’s natural surroundings
- Weekly fun and games programme “Fit for Kids”
Our cross country map
Sporthotel-cross country skiing:
Salaterhof - cross country skiing: